Saturday, August 3, 2013

Gillette New Improved (1924)

Shave of the Day
August 3, 2013

•Mama Bear Bay Rum soap
•EverReady boar brush
•Gillette New Improved razor (1924)
•Astra platinum blade (6)
•Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum aftershave

Last day for the New Improved. It shaves like a dream. I don't know how long my grandpa used it, but it was well worn when I acquired it in 1974.

I used it from 1974 through 1982, but I did not take it to college ( I used a Schick injector). It was not just the start of my collection, it was the start of my love for vintage razors and wet shaving.

Today's shave includes Mama Bear soap and Pinaud VIBR. The nautical themed aftershaves are appropriate because I recall my grandfather as a boat builder and a boat captain.

The Astra blade is still performing well on shave 6.

See my blog at: www.wetshavingjournal.com



- Posted using BlogPress from my iphone

No comments:

Post a Comment