Sunday, August 11, 2013

Gillette Black Handle Super Speed


Shave of the Day
August 11, 2013

•Taylor of Old Bond Street Lavender soap
•EverReady C40 Brush
•Gillette Black Handle Super Speed R2 (1971)
•Gillette 7 o'clock Platinum blade (1)
•Brut Dominant aftershave

A big jump from 1940 to 1971. The SuperSpeed was among the most ubiquitous of the Gillette DE line. By 1971, this could have been my first razor.

Easy to load, easy to use and easy to clean.

A great shave with the SuperSpeed and the Gillette 7 o'clock Platinum blade.

The TOBS Lavender produced a thick lather with a calming scent.

Finishing with Brut Dominant. The scent reminds me of Grey Flannel. It is probably too strong of a scent for work, so I am using it on weekends.

Follow my blog at www.wetshavingjournal.com



- Posted using BlogPress from my iphone

No comments:

Post a Comment