Thursday, September 5, 2013

iKon Slant Review

Shave of the Day
September 6, 2013

•Proraso Red Tub Soap
•Kingsley badger brush
•iKon Slant razor
•Astra SP blade (8)
•Pinaud Clubman

Last day with the iKon Slant (until next time).

Overall, the Slant is a great razor. It shaves efficiently and generally safely. I did manage a few nicks here and there.

The blade exposure is very small and there is a lot of bend on the blade.As a result, the blade makes more noise than most.

The blade alignment issue is not as serious as I first thought. There is a lot of play when you place the blade on the pins, but if you just pop the blade in and tighten the handle, it seems to align itself.

The head itself is a new twist on the slant design (pun intended). The head appears to be cast or molded. The finish is a bit rougher than the earlier iKon heads. I found the finish to be acceptable.

Just based on my own face and hair growth patterns, I experienced some difficulty getting the hair just under my nose. The head is wide and the blade is deeply recessed. I eventually found a way to get this area.

I got a close shave every time from this razor, but I believe that the Merkur Slant shaves closer.

I would recommend this razor dispite the cost, especially as an example of a unique and modern design.

Follow my blog at www.wetshavingjournal.com


- Posted using BlogPress from my iphone

No comments:

Post a Comment