Monday, July 29, 2013

Gillette New Improved Grandpa's Razor

Shave of the Day
July 29, 2013

•Taylor of Old Bond Street Lavender soap
•Kingsley badger brush
•Gillette New Improved Tuckaway (1924)
•Astra Platinum blade (1)


•Pinaud Clubman Razor

Today would have been my Grandfather's 114 birthday,and I am shaving with his razor. I have had this razor since 1974, and it was the beginning of my collection and my love for old razors and wet shaving.

The New Improved was Gillettes first major redesign of the double edged razor. Introduced in 1921, my razor is a Tuckaway, a travel razor with a short handle and a metal case which would fit easily in a pocket or a shaving kit.

As always, the TOBS Lavender produces a great lather, and I love the scent.

The Astra blade is one of my go to blades and it pairs well with the New Improved.

Clubman provided a great finish to this shave.

Shaving with Grandpa's razor is a great way to remember him. Grandpa, you are still missed.

See my blog at www.wetshavingjournal.com



- Posted using BlogPress from my iphone

No comments:

Post a Comment